The Ferox was born from the necessity of offering a bi-tip, double rocker, powder type touring ski which is still efficient on the edges. So, the objective is the powder and the sensation of floating on the snow. But the soul remains alpine to adapt to all conditions encountered while touring.
Equipped with a tail tip and a double rocker, this is a ski which offers great sensations in powder with its planing and immediate pivot, but which still sits well on hard snow. To optimise its weight (3.6 kg 181 cm), the Ferox was conceived on a 3D shape drawn in an H which cuts the upper part of the ski and lightens it without altering its solidity due to a carbon reinforcement which adopts this 3D shape. The core was also made lighter with a mix of paulownia, poplar and, for the first time with Black Crows, isocore (a polyurethane mousse strengthened with continuous glass fibre).
"The Ferox Freebird is my ski of choice for some self-accessed big-mountain faces, mini-golf lines or just to explore the mountains with a capable touring ski that makes the hike easy and the descent a party. It’s light, performing, it likes to jump and its double rocker makes it butter friendly and rideable backward." Flo Bastien
- Wide width: 110 mm waist.
- Double Rocker: great pivot.
- Medium classic camber: classic camber underfoot with intermediate ski-snow contact: balances manoeuvrability with stability.
- Long side-cut: 21 m turning radius: stability at high speed.
- Weight: 3400g/pair @170cm - 3500g/pair @176cm - 3600g/pair @181cm - 3800g/pair @186cm.
Find your size | Skier Height
- 180-185cm | 5'9" - 6'0" Relaxed: 181cm, Agressive: 186cm
- 185-190cm | 6'0" - 6'2" Relaxed: 186cm, Agressive: 186cm
- 190-195cm | 6'2" - 6'4" Relaxed: 186cm, Agressive: 186cm